7 Tips to Help You Find The Best Gifts
Giving gifts during the holidays is a great an opportunity to make our loved ones feel special, and can be an excellent means of showing the people in our lives how much we care about them. Its important to note that a truly meaningful gift that makes someone smile with delight does not always require a lot of money. Sometimes simply finding an item that shows your friend or family member that you know them well is enough. To make finding the right gift less difficult, I have come up with these 7 helpful tips:
1) Stay clear of stereotypical gifts such as wallets, mugs, watches, and bottle openers for men, and makeup purses, candles, soap, and journals for women.
2) Try to buy or make something that will be useful and avoid one-time joke gifts that will eventually be thrown away.
3) Consider the unique habits of the person you are planning a gift for, and try to choose a gift that will suit this person’s tastes. For example, if the person you need to find a gift for a man who enjoys order and plays soccer, then a sports ball holder that attaches to the wall would make a perfect gift.
4) Listen to what your loved ones complain about and find a gift that remedies one of the problems they worry about. For example, if an older woman in your life is concerned about slipping on the ice in the winter, then traction cleats for snow and ice would make a wonderful gift.
5) Another way to come up with great gift ideas, is to try to consider what your friend needs but does not spend the money to buy for herself. Perhaps she doesn’t own an umbrella but has to walk to work in all kinds of weather, or she likes wool socks but only buys herself cheep socks to save money. Here you could gift a nice pair of warm socks, or an umbrella and make your friend not only smile once, but make her days a little warmer all winter long.
6) Lastly, if you are a knitter, seamstress, weaver, ceramicist, jeweler, woodworker, or have skills of any kind, use your talents to make hand made gifts for your friends and family. Nothing you can buy can compare with the statement of giving something that you took the time to make yourself. After all, a hand-knitted sweater is like a hug you wear all day!
7) When all else fails, you can’t go wrong with food. If you can think of nothing, then give your friends and loved ones something tasty that you know they will enjoy eating. I like to give healthy treats such as dried mango slices, a fruit basket, or a yummy home-made trail mix.
I hope these simple tips will help you with your holiday shopping and make gift giving a blast this season. For more gift ideas, visit my “Gift Ideas” board on Pinterest, which you may view by
Comments are closed